|www.georgiancollege.ca||Barrie, ON||Contact - Andrew Jacobs|
Founded in 1986, the Canadian Aviation Institute (CAvI) at Georgian College is a national centre of aviation management training and education.
Our over 90% Graduate Placement rate is one of the highest success rates of any college in Ontario, and we are the second largest co-op college in Canada. Graduates of CAvI work in a variety of aviation fields including: Airline and Airport Management, Aviation Operations, Airport Planning and Air Traffic Control. Commercial Pilots, Flight Dispatch, Flight Service Specialists and many other aviation-related occupations have benefited from this additional enhancement to their chosen career field.
Located in Barrie, Ontario, our 3-year Aviation Management co-op diploma program has graduated over 700 students since its inception. Aviation-specific courses provide students with a solid understanding of the aviation industry. Management courses provide students with an understanding of management practices and procedures designed to prepare students for future promotional opportunities.
- 3-year post-secondary diploma program
- Mandatory cooperative work experience
- 96% co-op placement rate
- 2 years of academic training and 1 year of co-op work experience before students graduate
- Aviation specific management courses
- Graduates of our program can proceed directly to obtain a Bachelor of Science Degree from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University or a Masters Degree in Aviation Management from Griffith University or a Masters Degree in Transportation Policy from Loughborough University with approximately one year of further study. World class qualified faculty
- Customized corporate training and consulting services.
Employer Benefits from our Co-op semesters:
- An excellent source of motivated productive workers who have chosen the aviation industry as their career path and are eager to make a contribution.
- Students are available all year round during peak business periods, for special projects, vacation relief, or parental leave replacements.
- Our students have fundamental knowledge and aviation-related job skills; they bring fresh ideas and new technical knowledge to the workplace.
- Co-op provides an opportunity to observe student performance prior to making a permanent job offer. This lowers recruitment and training costs.
A strong Advisory Committee Feedback from the Canadian aviation industry helps to keep our program relevant and assists in the development of a highly trained work force. Committee members are able to take an active role in making a positive impact on business education for the aviation industry.
Watch your career take flight with the Aviation Management program!
For more information, please contact:
Georgian College Canadian Aviation Institute
1 Georgian Drive
Barrie, ON L4M 3X6