Every year since 2008 we have held our AGM at our very own conference the Facility Operations & Airport Managers (FOAM).
By way of this email, I want to make you aware that this year will be no different. We will hold our AGM in Vancouver on Monday June 1st at 9am. We will be having an election and as usual we expect the encumbents to be re-elected, they are Cuyler Green AAE, your current Chair and Cameron Nicolson AAE your current Vice Chair, Wilma Clarke AAE the Chair of the Members & Communications Committee, and Sheila McGuigan AAE who is very active on many committees. Unexpectedly, Mike Karsseboom AAE has decided not stand for re-election. This creates an opening that we would certainly like to fill.
In keeping with the Corporations election and notice requirements, we sent out our notice of Meeting in conjunction with the 2014 Annual Report, at the beginning of April and posted it on the website. In that notice we mentioned the above were all standing for re-election, so now this will serve as an adendum to that notice.
Nominations are now open to fill the vacancy left by Mike. We have had one person nominated and accepted at this time, that being Terry Bos AAE. The Nomination process is simple enough, it requires two Members in good standing to nominate a third person who must of course also be in good standing and must sign the nominatin to indicate their acceptance. Nomination Forms are online to download. The other criteria for a Board member are;
? Must be individuals, 18 years of age with power under law to contract;
? Must consist of seventy per cent (70%) current IAAE Canada Accredited Executive (A.A.E.)
members who have active responsibility for the management, operation or administration
of an airport; and
? Thirty per cent (30%) of the Board of Director members may be current IAAE Canada Airport
Professional Members (A.A.P.) or IAAE Canada Airport Executives (A.A.E.) who do not have
active responsibility of the management, operation or administration of an airport, chosen
as the Board sees fit.
The Board of Directors of IAAE Canada is a committed group of volunteers who selfishly give of their time and resources to guide and advance the image of the Association. Rather than rewrite what is already available, let us quote from our Director's Handbook;
Page 6: Succession Planning
The most critical step in Board succession planning is identifying the desirable Board composition and skills mix.
A skills inventory table is kept up to date to assist with these discussions.
The basic qualifications for a director are as follows:
• Is a recognized individual knowledgeable about the field of airport management;
• Possesses superior leadership and communication skills;
• Has insight to help shape airport management training programs;
• Brings visibility and enhances the profile of the organization; and
• Is an IAAE Canada Accredited Airport Executive (A.A.E.) who has active responsibility for the
management, operation or administration of an airport.
Other qualifications may be sought in addition to having a background associated with operations,
such as having an understanding of legal aspects, desirable professional affiliations, etc. to ensure
the required oversight can be provided.
IAAE Canada Accredited Airport Professionals (A.A.P.) and Accredited Airport Executive (A.A.E.) who
do not have active responsibility for the management, operation or administration of an airport
may be considered for nomination at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Page 8: Director Duties
The duties of a Director are:
• participation in at least eight (8) monthly board meetings by phone conference call or in person where applicable;
• attend at least one IAAE Canada conference or annual general meeting per annum, except for just cause;
• participate in at least one subcommittee (virtual or otherwise) if assigned;
• exercise due diligence by reviewing the IAAE Canada Monthly Financial report and other pertinent material on the IAAE Canada website’s Director portal;
• the provision of general advice and guidance to assist the Board in financial, operational and human resource decisions pertaining to the IAAE Canada operations; and
• vote as necessary to establish a Directors’ Resolution.
We will mail you whole document if you are interested, just email email@example.com and ask.
NOTE: Proxy Forms are avaiable if you cannot attend this AGM,
Rather why not come to the 9th Annual FOAM and do your own voting. FOAM details; Agenda, Registration.